So highly sort after were the sausages that Musk’s, then managed by Louis Frederick Drake, received their first Royal Warrant in 1907 granted by George (Prince of Wales later to be King George V) and converted to the King’s Warrant in 1911 as suppliers of Pork Products. So famous was Musk’s the Butchers that Stetchworth villagers claim pork and sausages were regularly produced and shipped to Buckingham Palace and Balmoral Castle by train.
The business was inherited by Louis Frederick's son Louis Gilbert Drake and he received further Royal Warrants in 1929 from Edward, Prince of Wales (later the Duke of Windsor), and 1965 from the late Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother .
The Musk’s shop finally shut it’s doors on 26 May 1979 and and the secret recipe was sold by auction to Amanda Clarke who, with her manager Mrs Waddilove, established a new delicatessen in The Rookery. This shop was sold in the early 1990’s to Lord Ronaldshay, who must be given credit for building the present factory. He split the factory from the shop and sold the latter to George Vesty. When Lord Ronaldshay moved back to Yorkshire the recipe was passed on to Musks Limited who still produce Newmarket sausages to the original recipe. A further Royal Warrant was granted by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II in 2005 with deliveries being made to Sandringham in Norfolk over Christmas.